Europes premier Trad. Jazz station playing the happy sound of traditional jazz music, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To tune in, go to www.seanmoyses.com and follow the TRAD JAZZ RADIO link.

Monday, February 19, 2007

In the days before The Beatles.


I'm happy to inform listeners to TJR that the wonderful "1961" album from the legendary British band The Temperence Seven was uploaded onto the playlist alongside tracks from Terry Lightfoot's band from 1960. Listening to the recordings conveys a little to me of the sense of fun and enthusiasm that this period in British "pop" music had. Musically tight and played with real conviction. The "1961" album was incidently recorded by George Martin, who three years later recorded a little guitar band from Liverpool called The Beatles. "The Temps" exsist today and still play the jazz cicuit.
I hope you like the additions and if you have any other requests that you would like to hear, please let me know and I'll do my best to fulfill your musical whims.
Sean.